Saturday, April 17, 2010

Single during holidays...?

What is it about Christmas time that makes other people become so intrusive into the personal lives of others? I am a single, straight, 28 year old male and I have always been single. That's right, I've never had a girlfriend or even experienced me first kiss. Big deal right? Well my parents leave me alone about this, but not my extended family, friends and even co-workers. It's especially weird at work because I never mentioned that I am currently single. Obviously people are really interested in my life for some reason. This conversation inevitably leads to everyone asking me why I still live at home. They just don't get that I have no need to move out and that my family enjoys living together. I live with my parents (rent free) and other adult siblings and everything is working out great. When I need to move out I will. When I need to have a girlfriend I will. Are people simply jealous that I have complete freedom and no financial responsibilities?

Single during holidays...?
kind of a big deal but it is none of their business it is ur life so ur descision if that makes u happy they should respect that
Reply:They could be worried about you. Most people, well at least reletives, are nosy because they care. They don't want you to be lonley, they might think you want a girlfriend, or that you veed a girl in your life. Just let them know you are happy where you are, and will make the move when the time comes.


As for your co-workers, it really shouldn't be any of their buisness, so next time they bring it up, change the subject, or flat out tell them "I don't think i need to tell you that" don't be rude, but make sure they know their place.


No comments:

Post a Comment