Monday, April 12, 2010

Single point piercings... only people with experience?

My regular body piercer told me that single point piercings are illigal in illinois and are soon to be illegal in all of the US. He does not do more complicated exotic piercings by the way. I have 12 dermal anchors that were inserted by a reptuible and highly experienced piercer in Illinois. I did a lot of research on these piercings before I got them and never read anything about them being illigal anywear (which I would assume would be important info). My question is do any piercers out there know of the legality of single point piercings?? My regular piercer is the kind to bash other people's work though- I kninda hate that about him but he is really good and I thought very trustworthy. BTW- I know single point piercings carry a high rate of infection and rejection so don't tell me not to get them or that they are bad because I already have them, the oldest are a year old and the newest are a month old- I had no complications healing any of the 12.

Single point piercings... only people with experience?
Well, I know it is illegal to have a piercist split your tongue, only a dentist or a doctor can do it!





I have read up on the many laws about piercings and tattoos, and haven't heard anything about dermal anchors becoming illegal, or currently being illegal.





I think perhaps your piercer has been surfing the web way too much, or she heard it from someone else.





I have a few dermal anchors and love mine, they are now about 2 years old. I am well aware of their chances to push out, and reject. I consider myself lucky thus far!


No comments:

Post a Comment