Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Single moms can you help this step mom out? have i over stepped my bounties?

i have been married for 7 mons and my husband has a 8yr old son with his ex wife.i have really pissed her off can u tell me what i should do?


1. i went to a parent/teacher conference with my husband.she got pissed as she feels i have no right to go as hes not my son. plus she feels she should be the one to go with my husband not me.she had to go alone.


2.she gets pissed if my husband has to work late and leaves their son with me.if my husband is not home their son is to go home to her not stay with me.





they have been divorced for over 5yrs but she seems to still cling to my husband(shes still single)single moms can you tell me why she hates me so much and goes out of her way to make my life difficult?what do you think as single moms should i do?

Single moms can you help this step mom out? have i over stepped my bounties?
Being a step-mother is the hardest job in the world. The ex will probably always be jealous of you and try to make things difficult. There's probably nothing you can do to make her like you. She may keep trying to cause problems for along time.





As much as you might love your step-son, you have to remember that he is not your son. I would not go to the teacher conferences if it's going to cause friction. The boy's visitation is to be with his father, not you. Take things slow and don't try to come on too strong as a mother figure.





I'd recommend joining these Yahoo groups. They have alot of other step-mothers who are going through the same situation that you are:


http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Step-Suppo...


http://groups.yahoo.com/group/stepmoms/





Good luck!
Reply:She hates you because she wants to be you. She wants the "family". Did he leave her for you? If he did, that changes everything.


Just be a great step-mom to the boy. Don't ever ask him to call you mom. Have him call you by your first name. When she picks up her son, be cordial. Allow her the opportunity to do the parent/teacher conferences with your husband. There are times when your presence isn't desired. Don't take it personally. Divorce is a terrible thing. It changes people. Don't judge her for her actions and her emotions. Allow her time to get accustomed to you being a part of her son's life.


No comments:

Post a Comment