Monday, November 16, 2009

Any single moms secretly dreading christmas? Any single moms or guys out there dating single moms? What do you

I was married at 19 and until three years ago spent christmas at home with kids and husband. I am now divorced. Although I have gotten used to being alone it is still hard and I tend to get a little depressed during the holidays. I put on the fake happy face and celebrate with the tree and decorations and cookies for the kids, but I'm glad when its all over. I now have a boyfriend of 9 months by christmas. The kids have met him and like him but I'm not sure how to spend the holidays, or what to expect from him. His sister may be visiting him with her husband and kids. Any single moms or guys out there dating single moms? What do you all do

Any single moms secretly dreading christmas? Any single moms or guys out there dating single moms? What do you
Man you're situation sounded just like mine about 2 years ago but my boyfriend and I are still going strong. They way I worked it out with my family and his is this: I will go to my mom's a day or 2 before Christmas and spend the whole day with her doing the whole Christmas thing (my kids are still convinced that Santa thinks they still live in both places. I moved in with my mom for a couple of months after I left until I could find my own place). We come home by 9 that same day and prepare for Christmas at our home with his family. It is a win-win for everyone and noone gets left out (and the kids get to have Christmas twice). If you have to alternate who gets Christmas day and who gets the few days before that works out just as well.
Reply:Christmas is probbaly hard for single moms. I'm 14, and my mom has been single for most of my childhood. It's normal to want to be with a partner during Christmas. Just be thankful for your children. I'm sure you'll find a wonderful husband someday, if you don't already have one. =]





Have a great christmas, I hope everything works out.


No comments:

Post a Comment