Thursday, November 19, 2009

Single moms have i over stepped my boundaries?

i have been married for 3 mons and my husband mark has a 9yr old son with his exwife.i have really pissed her off can u tell me what i should do?





1. i went to a parent/teacher conference with my husband.she got pissed as she feels i have no right to go as hes not my son.plus she feels she should be the one going with my husband not me.she had to go alone.





2.she gets pissed if mark has to work late and leaves thier son with me.if mark is not home thier son is to go home to her not stay with me.


these are just 2 things she has done but there are many more 2 many 2 list.


they have been divorced for over 5 yrs but she still seems to cling to mark(she is still single)single moms can u tell me why she hates me so much and gos out of her way to make my life difficult?as single moms what should i do?

Single moms have i over stepped my boundaries?
Wow. I was a single mother for 8 years, however I have dated several men who had children from their previous marriage. Every time their ex wife was completely freaky about me in every way possible. Here's what I've learned, first of all, if your husband has asked you to go with him to a parent/teacher conference, then you go and don't even feel guilty about it for a second! You are now this child's step-parent. You may not have as many rights as the child's birth mother, but when this child is in your house, then he is partially your responsibility. If it is time for the child to be visiting with his father, and his father has to run out for whatever length of time, then she has no right to start harassing you or your husband about you caring for the child in his absence. She sounds like an extremely insecure woman who has severe control issues. If you're feeling this guilty about making your husband's ex-wife furious with you, then ask him for a few moments to discuss it. Let him know you're not expecting him to solve this problem for you, and you're not trying to complain about it either. Let him know the situation and what she is making issues about. Then ask him what his feelings are. Let him know you want to be a part of his son's life, but you want to know what the boundries are from his perspective. He should then realize that his ex-wife is being ridiculous about these issues and that you truly want to be involved with him and his son, but you don't want to make it a bad or angry situation. This is a sticky situation because of her attitude. Just remember, if your husband has no problem with you watching his son or going to school meetings with him, then let his ex-wife complain to him, not you. You are a part of this family now wheather she likes it or not, don't let her anger drive a wedge between you and your husband.


No comments:

Post a Comment