Thursday, November 19, 2009

Single during Christmas time...?

What is it about Christmas time that makes other people become so intrusive into the personal lives of others? I am a single, straight, 28 year old male and I have always been single. That's right, I've never had a girlfriend or even experienced me first kiss. Big deal right? Well my parents leave me alone about this, but not my extended family, friends and even co-workers. It's especially weird at work because I never mentioned that I am currently single. Obviously people are really interested in my life for some reason. This conversation inevitably leads to everyone asking me why I still live at home. They just don't get that I have no need to move out and that my family enjoys living together. I live with my parents (rent free) and other adult siblings and everything is working out great. When I need to move out I will. When I need to have a girlfriend I will. Are people simply jealous that I have complete freedom and no financial responsibilities?

Single during Christmas time...?
Are you living at home to save up money to eventually move out and buy a house? In that case I don't see much of an issue with it. But you are 28. Single or not at that age it's time to start thinking about becoming an adult and owning your own place and paying your own bills. You say you have complete freedom and no financial responsibilities, people find that unusual because that's more like a teenagers lifestyle, not an adults. Do you pitch in? Pay your parents rent? Buy groceries? Otherwise it kinda seems like mooching off of them. Don't you want to grow up and have a life outside your immediate family? Its hard for people to understand why you wouldn't want that.
Reply:Matt, live the way you see fit. As long as you are not doing drugs, stealing, sexually molesting children, and rapping women your are doing well.





People tend to question what they do not understand or what they can not afford to do.





Enjoy the comforts of your parents and siblings, that way when you decide to build your own, your foundation will be a solid one.

dental hygienist

No comments:

Post a Comment