Thursday, November 19, 2009

Single moms can u help this stepmom out? have i over stepped my boundaries?

i have been married for 3 mons and my husband mark has a 9yr old son with his exwife.i have really pissed her off can u tell me what i should do?





1. i went to a parent/teacher conference with my husband.she got pissed as she feels i have no right to go as hes not my son.plus she feels she should be the one going with my husband not me.she had to go alone.





2.she gets pissed if mark has to work late and leaves thier son with me.if mark is not home thier son is to go home to her not stay with me.


these are just 2 things she has done but there are many more 2 many 2 list.


they have been divorced for over 5 yrs but she still seems to cling to mark(she is still single)single moms can u tell me why she hates me so much and gos out of her way to make my life difficult?as single moms what should i do?

Single moms can u help this stepmom out? have i over stepped my boundaries?
Being the "ex-wife" there are many things a woman my ex-husband involves in our child's life could do that would tick me off.





However, if you and your husband are the people your stepson lives with, then it seems perfectly reasonable to me that you attend a parent-teacher conference. Why couldn't she go with the two of you? That would have made things easier on all of you and the teacher because the teacher would have had all of the adults involved in the child's rearing in one place all contributing to the discussion. Whether she likes it or not, you are involved in the boy's life and influence him. She needs to quit being selfish and put the child's best interest first.





The other issue: Like I said, whether she likes it or not, you're there. If she has such a problem with you caring for the boy alone, then why doesn't she arrange something with his dad to pick him up or something when he has to work late and he knows in advance he has to work late? Her whining about it doesn't solve anything. If he didn't know he had to work late and time is short, then leaving the boy in your care is the logical thing to do. Seeing as how you're his stepmom, mom oughtn't have a problem with it.





She's feeling threatened by you is all. She's likely afraid that you'll try and take her place as "Mom" and steal all of her son's affection for yourself. I've felt that way about some of my ex-husband's girlfriends and he tells them right away what is appropriate and what is not. Your husband has to step in here and reassure her that you're not trying to usurp her position; you're simply trying to carve your own niche in the blended family.





Good luck. Ex-wives can be evil. I know I can be. lol
Reply:she will hate you till she finds a new man. maybe longer. Don't let it bother you. your doing just fine. I am sure there is no paper work thats says your husband can not leave his son with you when he has to go to work. try to hang in there. it is always difficult dealing with an ex


No comments:

Post a Comment